"The future depends on what we do in the present......"
Code Of Practice
Kay Bolton Code of Ethics and practice as a member of the Youth Coaching Academy
- Act with the welfare of the young person as paramount.
- Ensure I have a current and appropriate CRB check.
- Refrain from entering into intimate relationships with my clients.
- Always encourage parental/guardian involvement with all my contracts.
- Respect the rights of the young person.
- Always be honest and transparent of what I have achieved in relation with my training, qualifications and scope of services that I will be providing.
- Provide an effective service by being aware of my own performance (states) and by not proceeding with sessions when I am limited by physical or emotional well-being.
- Ensure all my clients and those providing consent are aware of what confidentiality is and its boundaries.
- Ensure all my clients and those providing consent are aware of what records that are kept.
- Operate a professional booking system. Making clear to my clients and those providing consent any expectations and sanctions.
- Ensure my client and those providing consent are aware of the complaints procedure.
- I will be prepared for all sessions and be prompt when meeting, calling or receiving calls.
- I will attend regular Youth Coaching forums, conference calls and keep up to date with legislation and related issues.
- Contact the Academy immediately if I am in a situation, which involves a complaint or may bring the Academy into disrepute.
- Make a copy of this code and make it available to all my clients and those providing consent.